Happy National Indigenous Peoples Day!
June 17, 2020
June 21st is National Indigenous Peoples day. This is a day to highlight and celebrate the diversity and achievements of First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples.
To underline this important day, we would like to share a few interesting resources.
- Indigenous allyship toolkit - put together by Montreal Indigenous Community Network
- Know Your Rights- Youth friendly UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous People
- Tell Canada to honor the rights of Indigenous people - Urge the Minister of Justice to fulfill Canada’s promise to uphold the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
- 'Tu n'as pas l'air autochtone,' et autre préjugés - booklet on deconstructing stereotypes (French only!)
- Celebrating Indigenous Peoples in Canada - Learning and activity guide for children by the Government of Canada
Let us know what you are doing to celebrate this day in the comments below!